What is it?
Zillow.com is an online real estate service that allows you to view real estate information such as estimated worth, size, number and types of rooms etc. All this information is provided by Zillow.com for free.
"This is our concept: to become a trusted, vibrant online real estate hub where everyone comes to get an edge in real estate." ~Zillow.com
How it works?
Zillow.com is like a wiki allowing any homeowners or real estate professionals to write to the site building a huge database of information for all users online on a particular home. It creates an online community where users contribute to the real estate data so that everyone will have access to this great resource.
A typical page will look like the following:
1. A Zillow.com estimate of the home.
2. The monthly mortgage payment.
3. A street view and bird's eye view of the neighborhood and the home being searched.
4. Detailed information on the home such as number of bedrooms, baths, size, when it was built etc.
5. The features are included in the home such as cable, ceiling fans, lawns etc.
What's cool about it?
1. Zillow.com also shows comparable homes that are for sale as well.
2. Zillow.com charts the value of the home and includes tax data and previous selling information.
Check out Zillow.com for more great features.
I have not used this site, but I am sure it would be very useful for homeowners, buyers, sellers or any real estate professionals. Enjoy!!